Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

What's For Dinner?


This is the picture from the recipe's website...I didn't get a chance to snap one before my family demolished it :)

This is my family's FAVORITE lasagne. You can find the recipe here. And believe it or not it is very inexpensive to make. This one cost me a little over $8.00. Here's what I usually buy.

1 lb ground meat $1.98
1 cup chicken broth (cans of chicken stock are on sale this week at Walgreens for $.50)
26 - 28 oz of Pasta Sauce (I buy the Hunt's Spaghetti Sauce in the can and can usually find it for around a $1.00)
8 oz cream cheese (I stock up when it goes on sale for less than a $1.00)
12 oz Shredded Mozzarella (I stock up when this goes on sale for around $1.50...can get it for cheap this week at Target)
No Boil Noodles (I buy the Luxury brand from Walmart for $1.72/box and can make 2 lasagnes and still have noodles left over)

Instead of the garlic, basil and oregano it calls for I season with Chef Paul Prudhomme's Pizza/Pasta Magic Seasoning which includes all these and more.

YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment